Friday 3 February 2012

the story of four candles



Assalamualaikum dear readers. As what I have promised you yesterday, I would like to share with you about the story of four candles. A simple story it might be, but there are many things that we could learn from it inshaAllah. This story is based on a video shown by a beloved sister during my stay in KL last week. She's finished her studies in UK, and currently taking Masters in Medicine, in a local university inshaAllah. Anyways, forgive me for not choosing to write in Bahasa, somehow I think English could translate my feelings for this story better. Hope you do not mind ;)

Four candles. Once upon a time, there were four candles lighten up by a child in a small room. Amazingly, these candles could speak to human. 

The first candle suddenly said to the other candles, his friends, "my name is 'Peace'. Humans have forgotten how to take care of me. They have forgotten what I am worth, they are busy chasing for fortune, getting selfish and greedy. They no longer mind about my presence in this world. So it is better for me to blow myself out." So the first candle has stop spreading its light to its surrounding.

Later, the second candle came up and said to others. "My name is Faith. Humans no longer know what faith is, they did not value me, neither they bother to know more about me nor to find ways for me to be their life guidance anymore. Humans have taken me for granted, they would prefer to follow their enemies (devil) than to keep me in their heart. Thus, it is time for me to leave this world." Therefore, the second candle has followed the Peace candle's step to blow themselves out.

After a while, the third candle speaks his heart too. "My name is Love. But I could see that humans are fighting for their own selfishness, that they keep hating each other, keep blaming others. Family is no longer a priority, they have looked down upon my importance of keeping people together. Innocent babies and people are killed everyday. I could no longer stand to watch these cruelty. It's better for me to disappear." Later, the Love candle is no longer there. Gone and brokenhearted.

The child in the room, suddenly said "why did all of you leave me? Who's going to show me the light? I am all alone and lost in this darkness. Please, stay..." with a sad voice. Suddenly there was a candle who replied to the child "Do not worry. I am here with you, and will always be here to help you to light up the other candles back. As long as you do not give up, I will always stay to accompany you and show you the way to the light." The child asked the candle, "what is your name?" The candle replied happily, "My name is Hope and with my presence, we can always light up the others back, do not worry dear child."


The same thing applied to our lives. We might sometimes feel so burdened with too many problems or hurt by others and not having any strength to go on. But do not ever lose hope. Always believe that behind every hurdles or obstacles, they will always be a good reason behind it. Without the rain, you could not have a rainbow. Believe in Allah's promise, He is always there to help us. Pray with your sincere heart and inshaAllah He will show you the light. He is always watching and know what's hidden in our hearts. Allahu akbar!

 Say: "O 'Ibadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Do not forget to appreciate these three valuable things in life, because they are the gifts from Allah. Cherish them before it's too late and the world might regret of losing them one day. Peace, Faith and Love.


Written in my beloved room, thanks to beloved sister, and very inspiring music by Maher Zain, "always be there". Hope to meet you again soon here readers. InshaAllah. Jazakunnallahukhair for reading. Spread the love (:

As-Salam,
Farah Fareen.


No comments:

Post a Comment